Tuesday, August 5, 2008


Driving along the other day with the kids in the car Gabe says out of the blue..."Mommy, I can't wait to be a daddy."   I thought for a minute what would prompt such a statement, and responded that I knew one day he would be a wonderful daddy.   It was quiet for a moment and then he said"  I want to be a daddy so I can see my kids.  I can't wait to see my kids."  Well... there is no question in my mind that someday Gabe will be a wonderful father and husband to some lucky family.  It amazes me that a 4 year old boy would be having such mature aspirations.  It confirms to me that our children at such a young age are shaped not only by their divine nature but by the home environment.   What a great responsibility it is to raise children and teach them those things we know to be true and correct.  To show love and nurturing so that they too might pass this blessing along to their own posterity.  

No comments: